Monday 6 April 2015

Completed: Packing for Mars - the Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach

I have never read so much about poop in my life!

I have to commend Mary Roach for taking on such an interesting project - the mundane details of a spectacular career. Being an astronaut is one of the careers children dream about - but they certainly don't think of the logistics of going to the bathroom or taking a shower, or eating low-flatulence foods.

I'm not a huge fan of Roach's writing style - I feel sometimes like she is trying too hard to be funny or witty. But the subject matter kept me going. I don't think it's for the delicate who don't wish to discuss intimate details of hygiene! I don't have too much more to reflect on it, other than that I am now sure I would not relish life as an astronaut...


Title: Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void
Published: 2010
Pages: 321

Total Books Blogged: 21
Total Pages: 6277

No comments:

Post a Comment