Thursday 21 April 2016

Completed: The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester

OK to be fair, I finished this book in November, according to Goodreads. But also according to Goodreads, I am ten (TENNN) books behind on the blog. I have read more than I have written, but I wouldn't have it the other way around. 

The Professor and the Madman was a fascinating tale. I love when history is written in a way that reads as though it is a novel, and Winchester certainly accomplishes this, though the subject matter surely makes it a relatively breezy task. If you are looking for a juicy tale of murder, intrigue, insanity, dedication, and heartbreak, this is one for you. I could hardly put it down, I enjoyed it so much. 

I wrote a few notes on my phone about this book. One was a definition, which I'll put in a separate post in a moment. The second says 'p. 142 - old books'. The problem is I no longer have this book - I sent it, along with some toddler clothes, back to my little sis (as I had borrowed it from her). So - I highly recommend taking this book out, reading it (as it is wonderful), and paying special attention to page 142 and whatever it is that I thought was so brilliant about what was said on that page. Then someone tell me what it was!

Title: The Professor and the Madman
Author: Simon Winchester
Published: 2005
Pages: 288

Total Books Blogged: 39
Total Pages: 11,245

No comments:

Post a Comment