Friday 22 January 2016

Completed: The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

Last year, I read several books that were ones I felt I should have read in childhood that I never did (for example, Tuck Everlasting). This is another one that I feel everyone read when they were a kid - rounding out their bunny lit with all of the Peter Cottontail books! I didn't realize it was only from 1987 - I would have guessed decades older, in a golden-books kind of way.

But I never did read this one, til I found it for free on my iBooks app (whatever it's called - the one where you can have books on your phone). Things like Kindls are a topic for another post (I hate them), but having a quick bit to read on your phone can be very nice. The Velveteen Rabbit was my phone book.

Oh, to be young and not have this book attack my heart in such a forlorn way. To feel all too Real while reading all about a velveteen rabbit's journey to Real-ness. If it wasn't a part of your childhood, make it part of your adulthood - it's free, and it's available on your phone.

Title: The Velveteen Rabbit
Author: Margery Williams
Published: 1987
Pages: 40

Total Books Blogged: 38
Total Pages: 10,957

No comments:

Post a Comment