Friday 14 August 2015

Completed (again): A Year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke

Why is this titled Completed (again)? Well, I have read this book before. It has been years, and it was as though I was reading it for the first time, as I had no recollection of the story - nothing rang a bell. Hard to believe I once read it at all!

It was OK. I have the follow-up, too, which is called Merde Actually. I'll probably power through it quickly. Paul (the main character) is a bit of a chauvinistic pig, and so relatively distasteful. The kind of person I used to avoid in bars because I (rightly) guessed about his opinions of women. He kept finding beautiful, confident French women to sleep with, and, having known a few beautiful, confident French women, I would be surprised that they would all fall into bed with that kind of guy. 

Meh - it was a fluffy summer book, with some fun comedy mixed into some things that made my feminist self cringe. We'll see if book #2 does any better!


Title: A Year in the Merde
Author: Stephen Clarke
Published: 2004
Pages: 383

Total Books Blogged: 34
Total Pages: 9824

No comments:

Post a Comment